Doki Doki Literature Club is a visual novel about a high school literature club. I absolutely love this game as you learn more about the other club members. I highly recommend you don’t read any reviews on the game and just watch the official trailer to avoid any story spoilers. Doki Doki Literature Club is also free on Steam! The one thing I needed while playing this game was a drink so enjoy these spoiler free drinking game rules.
Standard Visual Novel Rules
- Make a choice, take a drink
- Whenever you read a poem, take a drink
- Want to Save the game? You should take a drink.
- Didn’t like the choice you made and you load a previous save state, well that will cost you a drink.
With all visual novels, each character has some sort of trait. Feel free to play with these rules instead of the standard rules above. If you believe knowing a character trait is considered a spoiler then please avoid these rules.
- Take a drink whenever Sayori is forgetful
- Take a drink whenever Yuri blushes
- Take a drink whenever Natsuki yells at you
- Take a drink whenever you, the main character, is unsure of themselves
- Take a drink whenever Monika makes a leadership decision.
While these rules are simple, I feel like they can add to this already great game.
Play Doki Doki Literature Club on Steam
Do you have a favorite drinking game or rule while playing Doki Doki Literature Club? Have a game you have drinking rules to? I want to hear from you about it. Please leave a comment below.
All of the drinking games are to be played by people who are of legal age to drink. This blog does not encourage or take responsibility for any stupid behavior or results that may occur while playing these games. For more information please read the site’s disclaimer.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. If you like what you’ve read, you can help support Joystick Journey by becoming a Patreon. When you support me on Patreon you’ll get behind the scenes look at my writing process and other exclusives. Thank you, I greatly appreciate your support!